The Backcountry Specialist – We are not a ski school but independent Backcountry Specialists – a dedicated off piste and heli operator and hence this is our area of expertise.
A corporate attitude to business – We take heliskiing and backcountry very seriously! The company’s founders are both from a corporate background and believe in providing the same full and efficient service their corporate clients expected from them back in London. Embracing the international element of the product and location by using French and English VHS ground staff, local Italian guides / pilots and French ski instructors.
Val Heli Lodge – We have our own VHS private heli landing zone outside of our VHS Heli Lodge in France (between La Rosiere and St Foy ski resorts) to allow us to access the deepest backcountry easily as well as helicopter out of dead ends back to our landing zone, allowing us access to so much more terrain than is available if you needed to ski back to a road in France to get home (not to mention how crowded those runs get). It also creates a Canadian Heli Lodge style experience unique in France.
Products unique to VHS – Many of our products are totally unique to VHS including our multi buy propecia price resort reverse heliskiing in France, our heli scenic tours with guided (piste and off piste) ski home and we are currently the only operator offering such a large choice of heliski areas meaning we are best placed to find powder.
Nothing left for you to do – We provide an all inclusive door-to-door service so there is no need to organise lift passes, taxis, lunches, etc. The only thing you need to think about is the heliskiing. All groups are provided with Go Pro video cameras and given chance to invite friends and family to our après ski bar to see the footage of your day on the big screen at the end of your day.
Safety – We have the upmost consideration for your safety and do the following to ensure this:
- Only use the most experienced UIAGM guides (they have all grown up in the area so are experts in the local surroundings)
- Only the most sophisticated safety equipment is used
- We dedicate 30 minutes to avalanche training, including transceiver use at the beginning of your Heliski day
- Our helicopters are chosen for their fantastic manoeuvrability and safety record in the mountains
- Our heli preparation course includes extra training in using the safety equipment as well as technique pointers