One Drop Heliski / Heliboard - Powder to the People
For those Skiers and Snowboarders that are looking to try Heliskiing for the first time or those who are looking for a quick Heliski hit away from the crowds! This package includes 1 heli drop, UIAGM Mountain Guide or Instructor for the heliski/ board descent, transceiver, shovel and probe.
Resorts: All our resorts
Group Info: 1-12 people.
Price: 300€ pp for a private helicopter booking of 4 people and 350€ pp in a shared helicopter of 4 people.
Piste and Off Piste: 9-10am on and off piste warm up. Off piste heli descent and opportunity to keep your off piste Guide / Instructor for the rest of the day.
Off Piste Level: Novice heliski itineraries. As well as intermediate / advanced itineraries (after ability levels have been confirmed).
Duration(s): 1/2 day (7 day programmes available keeping your Guide / Instructor throughout where possible.)
- 8:15 AM: Meet Val Heliski team member at the base of La Rosiere or La Thuile ski resort post self drive or our mini van pick up from your chalet.
- 8:15 – 9:00 AM: Coffee hit, fitting, safety kit briefing and first chairlift.
- 9:00 – 10:00 AM: On and off piste ski/board warm up to heli take off zone.
- 10:00 – 10:15 AM: Guides Heli briefing and route choice explanation and take off preparation.
- 10:15 – 11:30 AM: Heliski / board 1000-1500 vertical metres per descent. Time taken depends on route choice and groups fitness and ability level.
- 11:30 – 12:30 PM: A quick refuel at a snack bar in Italy, followed by a ski back to France to end the day.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch either pre-packed and delivered by Val Heliski enjoyed in the backcountry or lunch in a cosy Italian mountain restaurant off the beaten track. Option to either ski back to resort base or extend your instructors day for off piste around La Rosiere or La Thuile finishing when lifts close for a celebratory beer.
- 4:30 PM: Own transport / minivans leave resort base back to your chalet.
From: €300 pp
Choose Package and Tweaks:
Vertical Metres: 1000 – 1500m
Machine: Eurocopter AS350 (Squirrel)
Departing: La Rosiere/La Thuile or your local resort via Helicopter
Available from: Tignes, Val d’Isere, Three Valleys, Paradiski, Ste Foy, La Rosiere, Chamonix, Courmayeur & La Thuile
- UIAGM Mountain Guide or Instructor for the heliski/ board descent
- Half Day
- Transceiver, Shovel & Probe (briefing on this included)
- 1 Heliski Drop
Our typical heliski terrain is extremely varied, ranging from wide open glacial alpine bowls, to couloirs, all the way down to gladed tree runs – We can cover all of this in a single heliski drop and have enough terrain to cover all ability levels from beginner off-piste to expert free-ride skiers.