Half Day Reverse Heliski / Board
A true backcountry adventure on skis or snowboard. After a 15-45 minute steady climb you will experience a huge variety of terrain otherwise inaccessible without a helicopter. All snow conditions likely – a real technique challenger.This package includes 1 heli pickup, UIAGM Mountain Guide or Instructor for the heliski/ board descent, transceiver, shovel and probe.
Resorts: Val d’Isere and Tignes
Group Info: 1-12 people.
Price: 150€ pp for a private helicopter booking of 6 people and 175€ pp in a shared helicopter.
Piste and Off Piste: 9-10am on and off piste warm up. Off piste descent and opportunity to keep your off piste Guide / Instructor for the rest of the day for off piste around Tignes / Val d’Isere.
Off Piste Level: Novice heliski itineraries. As well as intermediate / advanced itineraries (after ability levels have been confirmed).
Duration(s): 1/2 day (7 day programmes available keeping your Guide / Instructor throughout where possible.)
- 8:15 AM: Meet Val Heliski team member at the base of La Rosiere or La Thuile ski resort post self drive or our mini van pick up from your chalet.
- 8:30 AM: Val Heliski team transceiver training at the base of Val d’Isere/Tignes.
- 9:00 – 10:00 AM: On and off piste ski/board warm up.
- 10:00 – 10:15 AM: Guides Heli briefing and route choice explanation and take off preparation.
- 10:00 – 10:15/45 AM: 15-45min hike along a steep ridge to access a suitable couloir.
- 10:15/45 – 12:00 PM: Off piste descent including couloirs, open fields, flat sections and nicely spaced trees.
- 12:00 PM: Helicopter pick up returning to Val d’Isere helipad.
- 12:05 PM: Option to either ski back to resort base or extend your instructors day for off piste around Tignes / Val d’Isere finishing when lifts close.
Choose Package and Tweaks:
Ski or snowboard the classic North-facing Mickey’s Ears couloirs, across the Toviere pass, down through one of the couloirs into the Bois de La Laye and finally meandering through the forest to the Lac de Chevril (over 1/2 mile of vertical piste).
The renowned route offers an off-the-beaten-track experience to off-piste enthusiasts and an opportunity to develop off-piste skills without having to bear the brunt of full heli-day prices.