PACKAGE DATES: 20th December – 5th May
PRICE: €599 pp Private booking of 4/5 pax. €749 pp for a booking of 1-3 pax.
AVAILABLE FROM: Val d’Isere, Tignes, 3 Valleys, Paradiski, Ste Foy, La Rosiere, La Thuile
Designed for skiers / snowboarders comfortable on red run gradient off-piste (minimum) wanting to experience a true backcountry heliskiing / heliboarding adventure, in the huge expanse of terrain available to us. The minimum of two descents will allow us to travel further into the Italian backcountry to get away from ski lifts, noise, people and get a true out-of-resort feeling. Each heli-drop descent takes between one-to-two hours of ski / snowboard time (around 2000 vertical meters of descent). If a “Heli out of remote location” is booked as an extra, then all descents will be backcountry (instead of the last descent being used to finish back at ski lifts, a piste or a road; to return to civilisation). A full-day with your private UIAGM mountain guide and training on the safety equipment we provide. Heli ski descents could be in either: Courmayeur, Valgrisenche or the Col Du Petit st Bernard – depending on time of year; snow conditions and groups preferences. Christmas and New Year heliskiing locations are limited and may require a further ski and minibus to access the heli bases. Helicopter or road transfers from your home resort (followed by a ski / snowboard with our team) to the Italian helicopter base are required.
SAMPLE COURSE ITINERARY:
8:45 AM: Meet VHS staff member in La Rosiere (or your home resort if heli transfers are booked). Collect lift-pass and safety equipment.
9:00 AM: Depending on transfer options chosen, VHS member will usher your group over to Col du Petit St Bernard or Courmayeur to meet guide, including an on/off-piste warm-up and a simulation training of avalanche rescue. If heli-transfers are booked then your helicopter will depart from your resort and fly straight to one of our 3 heliskiing areas. The area is chosen depending on: snow conditions and the groups ability level.
11:00 AM: You’ll begin your heli-drops, skiing/boarding up to 2500 vertical metres per descent. (Refer to “where we operate” map on the “heliskiing packages page” for details of possible descents.)
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Late mountain lunch (not included) or pre-ordered VHS packed lunch. (Mountain restaurant option in Courmayeur with a ski-doo to the restaraunt included)
3:00 PM: Optional off-piste with your guide in the afternoon (or extra drops if you have booked them).
4.30 PM: Helicopter or minibus transfer back to resort.GQ’s writer, Simon Mills, enjoying a two drop day with Val Heliski
This Heliskiing package begins at the base of the Roches Noires chairlift, next to the ticket office, in the centre of La Rosiere where you will undergo a short warm-up ski over the Italian border to the Heliski base. You can see the VHS meeting point in La Rosiere on the map above.
Package available from the resorts of: Val d’Isere, Tignes, 3 Valleys, Paradiski, Ste Foy, La Rosiere or La Thuile.
It is up to you to get to the VHS meeting point. Transfer options to access the meeting point are below:
|Transfer Options to Access the Meeting Point From Resort||Price|
|Your own transport||no cost|
|VHS minibus transfer||€99 pp|
|Heli transfer from Tignes / Val d'Isere to Italian buying propecia heliski base||Please contact us for a quote on Helicopter Transfer costs from your resort|
|Heli transfer from Tignes / Val d'Isere to Italian heliski base||Please contact us for a quote on Helicopter Transfer costs from your resort|
|Heli transfer from Meribel / Courchevel to Italian heliski base||Please contact us for a quote on Helicopter Transfer costs from your resort|
|Transceiver; shovel and probe|
|Full day off-piste with your UIAGM mountain guide|
|Use of our radio communications for safety and instruction|
Not included: Food/drink, airport taxes, lift pass(es) (including Carte Neige backcountry rescue to hospital), adequate travel insurance
|Use of Salomon/Liberty VHS powder skis||€25 pp/day|
|ABS pack||€29 pp|
|Edited GoPro footage of your day||€39 pp|
|Packed lunch||€29 pp|
|Heli out of remote location at end of day||€99 pp|
|Additional drop||€249 pp|
|60 minute warm-down sports massage||€72|
|VHS Hagloffs fleece||€105|
|VHS Hagloffs couloir 3 Jacket||€490|
According to best practice backcountry skiing / snowboarding we offer the use of sweeper on your backcountry day. A sweeper is employed to follow the group while the guide/instructor leads from the front. A sweeper is there to ensure the safety of everyone in the group thereby improving the group’s overall confidence and security. Price: €60 pp based on a private group of 4.
|Val Heliski Sweeper Service (Private heli trips only)||€240|
– Prices are based on a full helicopter of 4/5 seats.
– Payment is to be made in full to confirm the booking.
– We require you to leave all ski holiday days available to heli. We will contact you by SMS in resort to confirm your weather window.
– In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and unless we have already provided the services we have contracted with you to provide or your booking is made in resort, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time up to the end of the 7th working day after the booking is accepted by us. You may do this by writing to us at the above address and you will receive a full refund of any monies paid. If you want to cancel your booking otherwise than as set out above please inform us as soon as possible. You will forfeit your deposit but please note that places on a trip can be transferred to someone else subject to any such replacement agreeing to these Conditions.
– In the event a guide directs the group to a route with better conditions (subject to availability), additional costs may be incurred depending on helicopter pick-up location.
– We reserve the right to exchange any of our products of a similar price or less in the event of adverse weather or snow conditions.
– If an alternative product, of a similar price or less, cannot be offered due to adverse weather or snow conditions, then a refund on the helicopter element(s) of the package missed will be given at the rate of €249 per drop missed.
– If a helicopter cannot fly due to adverse weather we reserve the right to use the guide/instructor for the time they have been booked.
– Adequate travel insurance is required for all VHS packages and is the responsibility of the participant to purchase and provide proof to a VHS staff member on the day of their activity. We recommend purchasing a Carte Neige for the full duration of your lift pass and can advise further, on request..
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP, Partnership no’s OC358489 / OC358496
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP – numéro d’immatriculation: 801 050 659 R.C.S CHAMBERY / 800 898 074 R.C.S. CHAMBERY
Contact: +4401329339621, firstname.lastname@example.org
Head office: Shirral House, Church Road, Shedfield, Hampshire, SO32 2HY, UK