Novice heliskier (but competent off-piste)
PACKAGE DATES: 20th December – 5th May
PRICE: €429pp Private group booking of 4 pax. €539pp for a booking of 1-3 pax
Take a look at Whitelines Magazine’s article; Heliskiing on a budget with Val Heliski
AVAILABLE FROM: Val d’Isere, Tignes, 3 Valleys, Paradiski, Ste Foy, La Rosiere, La Thuile
COURSE OVERVIEW: Designed for skiers / snowboarders comfortable on blue-to-red run gradient off-piste wanting to experience the thrill of heliskiing, at their own pace. You’ll get the chance to try out our partner’s Salomon / Liberty’s powder skis and learn how to use them under the instruction of your UIAGM mountain guide. You’ll be trained on the safety equipment we provide.
The day will start with a gentle warm up, on and off-piste to the heli take off zone on the French / Italian boarder where you’ll meet your UIAGM Italian mountain guide, carry out transceiver training and an avalanche rescue training simulation before embarking on your heli descent that takes between one to two hours of ski / snowboard time (around 2000 vertical meters of descent). Extra descents can be bought on the day if desired. Heliski descents could be in either Courmayeur, Valgrisenche or the Col Du Petit st Bernard depending on time of year; snow conditions and groups preferences. Christmas and New Year heliskiing locations are limited and may require a further ski and minibus to access the heli bases.
SAMPLE COURSE ITINERARY:
8:00 AM: VHS minibus will pick you up in Val d’Isere / Tignes (7:15 if staying in Courchevel / Meribel) and a drive to la Rosiere.
8:45 AM: On arrival at La Rosiere any pre-booked Salomon / Liberty VHS powder skis will be fitted as well as safety kit fitting and briefing.
9:00 AM: Your VHS staff member will get you to the French / Italian border, via a gentle on / off-piste warm up, to meet your UIAGM mountain guide at the heli take off zone.
10:30 AM: Guide carries out a further on/off-piste warm up and verifies off piste ability level before the heliski. Technique and pointers on off piste skiing / snowboarding will be given.
11:00 AM: Begin your heli-descent of up to 2000 vertical metres, with plenty of opportunity to stop for technique tips on backcountry riding, a breather and to take in the epic scenery and wildlife. There’ll be frequent rests on “Islands of Safety” to allow skiers to regroup frequently but descend with plenty of space between them for best practice procedure. Descents of more than a 25 degree gradient (steep red run equivalent) will be avoided where possible to eliminate slab avalanche risk. (Refer to “where we operate” map on the “heliskiing packages page” for details of possible descents.)
12:30 PM: Stop for a mountain restaurant lunch (not included) or pre-ordered VHS packed lunch.
1.30 PM: Your UIAGM guide will take you around some of the piste and off-piste of La Thuile including tree runs (depending on groups ability), whilst giving further technique pointers.
3.00 PM: VHS staff member gets you back to France for a well-deserved beer and debrief before your minibus takes you back to your resort.
This Heliskiing package begins from you chalet in resort.
Package available from the resorts of: Val d’Isere, Tignes, 3 Valleys, Paradiski, Ste Foy, La Rosiere or La Thuile.
Return transfers via VHS minibus from your resort to the the chosen heliski base are included within the price
Transceiver; shovel and probe,
Full day off-piste with your UIAGM mountain guide,
Lift pass; including Carte Neige insurance,
Return minibus transfer,
Use of our radio communications for safety and instruction,
Not included: Food/drink, airport taxes, adequate travel insurance
Use of Salomon/Liberty VHS powder skis, €25 pp/day,
ABS pack, €29 pp,
Edited GoPro footage of your day, €39 pp,
Packed lunch, €29 pp,
Heli out of remote location at end of day, €99 pp,
Additional drop, €249 pp,
60 minute warm-down sports massage, €72,
VHS hoodie, €75,
VHS Hagloffs fleece, €105,
VHS Hagloffs couloir 3 Jacket, €490,
According to best practice backcountry skiing / snowboarding we offer the use of sweeper on your backcountry day. A sweeper is employed to follow the group while the guide/instructor leads from the front. A sweeper is there to ensure the safety of everyone in the group thereby improving the group’s overall confidence and security. Price: €60 pp based on a private group of 4.
Sweeper Service, Price,
Val Heliski Sweeper Service (Private heli trips only), €240,
– Prices are based on a full helicopter of 4 seats.
– Payment is to be made in full to confirm the booking.
– We require you to leave all ski holiday days available to heli. We will contact you by SMS in resort to confirm your weather window.
– In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and unless we have already provided the services we have contracted with you to provide or your booking is made in resort, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time up to the end of the 7th working day after the booking is accepted by us. You may do this by writing to us at the above address and you will receive a full refund of any monies paid. If you want to cancel your booking otherwise than as set out above please inform us as soon as possible. You will forfeit your deposit but please note that places on a trip can be transferred to someone else subject to any such replacement agreeing to these Conditions.
– In the event a guide directs the group to a route with better conditions (subject to availability), additional costs may be incurred depending on helicopter pick-up location.
– We reserve the right to exchange any of our products of a similar price or less in the event of adverse weather or snow conditions.
– If an alternative product, of a similar price or less, cannot be offered due to adverse weather or snow conditions, then a refund on the helicopter element(s) of the package missed will be given at the rate of €249 per drop missed.
– If a helicopter cannot fly due to adverse weather we reserve the right to use the guide/instructor for the time they have been booked.
– Adequate travel insurance is required for all VHS packages and is the responsibility of the participant to purchase and provide proof to a VHS staff member on the day of their activity. We recommend purchasing a Carte Neige for the full duration of your lift pass and can advise further, on request.
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP, Partnership no’s OC358489 / OC358496
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP – numéro d’immatriculation: 801 050 659 R.C.S CHAMBERY / 800 898 074 R.C.S. CHAMBERY
Contact: +4401329339621, firstname.lastname@example.org
Head office: Shirral House, Church Road, Shedfield, Hampshire, SO32 2HY, UK