PACKAGE DATES: 20th December – 5th May
- Shared helicopter (group booking of 3 persons) – €3,690 per person
- Shared helicopter (group booking of 3 persons) with 6 nights accommodation at a 3* hotel plus return airport minibus transfers – €4,690 per person
- Private helicopter (group booking of 4/5 persons) – €2,995 per person
- Private helicopter (group booking of 4/5 persons) with 6 nights accommodation at a 3* total plus return airport minibus transfers – €3,945 per person
Designed for skiers / snowboarders comfortable on red run gradient off-piste (minimum) your five day classic heliskiing experience begins with a heliski preparation day followed by 8 heli-drops over the next 4 days. Skiing / snowboarding a total of between 10,000 and 18,000 vertical metres; you’ll cover a massive expanse of terrain and will give yourself the best chance to experience a variety of snow conditions.
What if there’s bad weather? No problem. Val Heliski are unique in the fact we have 3 different heliski areas; each with multiple drop zones (See them here). Our vast array of options means we’re totally flexible in the event of poor weather in one area as we can simply go to another.
In the unlikely event that there’s poor weather in all of the heliskiing areas; we’ve got you covered – We provide a large diversity of backcountry products, other than heliskiing, including: Reverse Heliskiing in France, Non-heli backcountry experiences and guided off-piste around the 7 ski resorts on our doorstep – not to mention the mass of restaurants, nightlife, ápres ski and daytime activities available to us. Therefore we will always be able to find the best snow conditions and never leave you short of activities, even in bad weather.
We start off with a heliski preparation day – a private session catering for skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels – on and off-piste with an instructor. From guiding to technique to avalanche training. A great way to explore the hidden gems of your home resort with the security and confidence that a professional brings. This enables our team to assess your ability level and give feed back in preparation for making the most of the terrain from step one during your heli package.
After your prep day you’ll spend five of the best weather days of your ski holiday heliskiing with Val Heliski. The 8 descents will allow us to travel deep into the Italian backcountry to get away from ski lifts, noise, people and get a true out-of-resort feeling. Each heli-drop descent takes between one-to-two hours of ski / snowboard time (around 1500-2000 vertical meters of descent). A local Italian UIAGM mountain guide will accompany you throughout the descents as well as train you to use the safety equipment we provide.
Four days of minibus transfers from resort to the Italian heliski base are included in the price. Extra descents are available at €249 per person per descent and if the group cannot complete all the descent due to adverse weather conditions we will refund at a rate of €249 per person, per descent missed. Heliski descents could be in either: Courmayeur, Valgrisenche or the Col Du Petit St Bernard – depending on time of year; snow conditions and groups preferences.
We can help find you accommodation, on your request to fully integrate your experience with us.
You have our guide to yourself and can choose from our wide range of off-piste activities; either Reverse Heliskiing, Multiple Resort Reverse Heliskiing, The Tarentaise Tour with heli pick-up or a Heli Preparation Day in your local resort with a VHS guide or instructor for warm up, off piste pointers, equipment training and a great day exploring the off piste. We suggest this day should be used for more heli-drops (at a rate of €249 per person per drop). The beauty of our location and huge choice of off-piste activities means we can suit all weather and group preferences.
Your UIAGM mountain guide will accompany you on these further 4 days and 8 heli drops, where we will endeavour to show you our three different heliski areas as each has their own special terrain and makes for a totally unique day. A heliskiing day typically begins around 7-7:45am with a (return) minibus transfer going to La Rosiere, followed by a warm-up ski over to the Italian heliski base. From there we access the Italian drop-zones. Most of our fit customers do around 3 drops per day – our record is 6 in one day – additional drops can be purchased to extend your time on the snow.
return minibus transfers from your resort are included for these days or you could upgrade to helicopter-transfers on request. Heli transfers significantly reduce travel time, maximising your time on snow and making additional drops an extremely viable option. You’ll also save valuable energy – again beneficial if you’re anticipating doing extra drops.
This Heliskiing package begins from your home resort, where the VHS minibus will meet you.
Package available from the resorts of: Val d’Isere, Tignes, Meribel, Courchevel, Paradiski, Ste Foy, La Rosiere or La Thuile.
5 days use of the VHS minibuses when required.
If you upgrade to helicopter transfers; they’ll depart from either Meribel altiport, Courchevel 1850 altiport, Tignes Val Claret altiport or La Daille altiport in Val d’Isere and take you to one of our Italian heliski bases.
|Transceiver; shovel and probe|
|5 days use of VHS minibuses when required|
|UIAGM mountain guide for five days|
|6 nights 3* accommodation local to the heliskiing in the Tarentaise Valley plus one return VHS minibus airport transfer from either Grenoble; Chambery; Geneva; Lyon (on the applicable packages)|
|Use of our radio communications for safety and instruction|
Not included: Food/drink, lift pass(es) (including Carte Neige backcountry rescue to hospital), adequate travel insurance
|Use of Salomon/Liberty VHS powder skis||£21 (€25) pp/day|
|ABS pack||€29 pp|
|Edited GoPro footage of your day||€39 pp|
|Packed lunch||€29 pp|
|Heli out of remote location at end of day||€99 pp|
|Additional drop||€249 pp|
|60 minute warm-down sports massage||€72|
|VHS Hagloffs fleece||€105|
|VHS Hagloffs couloir 3 Jacket||€490|
According to best practice backcountry skiing / snowboarding we offer the use of sweeper on your backcountry day. A sweeper is employed to follow the group while the guide/instructor leads from the front. A sweeper is there to ensure the safety of everyone in the group thereby improving the group’s overall confidence and security. Price: €60 pp based on a private group of 4.
|Val Heliski Sweeper Service (Private heli trips only)||€240 per day|
– Prices are based on a full helicopter of 4/5 seats.
– Payment is to be made in full to confirm the booking.
– We require you to leave all ski holiday days available to heli. We will contact you by SMS in resort to confirm your weather window.
– In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and unless we have already provided the services we have contracted with you to provide or your booking is made in resort, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time up to the end of the 7th working day after the booking is accepted by us. You may do this by writing to us at the above address and you will receive a full refund of any monies paid. If you want to cancel your booking otherwise than as set out above please inform us as soon as possible. You will forfeit your deposit but please note that places on a trip can be transferred to someone else subject to any such replacement agreeing to these Conditions.
– In the event a guide directs the group to a route with better conditions (subject to availability), additional costs may be incurred depending on helicopter pick-up location.
– We reserve the right to exchange any of our products of a similar price or less in the event of adverse weather or snow conditions.
– If an alternative product, of a similar price or less, cannot be offered due to adverse weather or snow conditions, then a refund on the helicopter element(s) of the package missed will be given at the rate of €249 per drop missed.
– If a helicopter cannot fly due to adverse weather we reserve the right to use the guide/instructor for the time they have been booked.
– Adequate travel insurance is required for all VHS packages and is the responsibility of the participant to purchase and provide proof to a VHS staff member on the day of their activity. We recommend purchasing a Carte Neige for the full duration of your lift pass and can advise further, on request..
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP, Partnership no’s OC358489 / OC358496
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP – numéro d’immatriculation: 801 050 659 R.C.S CHAMBERY / 800 898 074 R.C.S. CHAMBERY
Contact: +4401329339621, email@example.com
Head office: Shirral House, Church Road, Shedfield, Hampshire, SO32 2HY, UK