PACKAGE DATES: 20th December – 5th May
PRICE: €299 per person for a private group booking of 4/5 pax , €365 per person for a group booking of 1-3 pax (shared helicopter).
Take a look at Whitelines Magazine’s article; Heliskiing on a budget with Val Heliski
AVAILABLE FROM: Tignes, Val d’Isere, Three Valleys, Paradiski, Ste Foy, La Rosiere, La Thuile
COURSE OVERVIEW: Designed for skiers/snowboarders comfortable on blue-to-red run gradient off-piste wanting to experience heliskiing/heliboarding without breaking the bank. One heli-drop descent that takes between one-to-two hours of ski/snowboard time (around 2000 vertical meters of descent) with training on the safety equipment we provide. Heliski descents could be in either Courmayeur, Valgrisenche or the Col Du Petit st Bernard depending on time of year; snow conditions and groups preferences. Christmas and New Year heliskiing locations are limited and may require a further ski and minibus to access the heli bases. Helicopter or road transfers from your home resort (followed by a ski / snowboard with our team) to the Italian helicopter base are required.
SAMPLE COURSE ITINERARY:
8:45 AM: Meet VHS team member. Collect lift-pass and safety equipment.
9:00 AM: VHS team member will escort you on an on/off-piste warm up to the Italian helicopter base where you will meet your guide. You will also partake in a training simulation of an avalanche rescue.
11:00 AM: Meet your UIAGM mountain guide at the heli take-off zone where you’ll have a brief off-piste ability assessment.
11:00 – 12:30 PM: Heli drop where you’ll ski / snowboard up to 2000 vertical metres. If you have booked a helicopter out of a remote location as an extra, the number of descents and terrain available to us increases dramatically. The helicopter will drop us back to the Italian heli base for lunch and an afternoons off piste exploring. (Refer to “where we operate” map on the “heliskiing packages page” for details of possible descents.)
12:30 – 1:30 PM: Stop for a mountain restaurant lunch (not included) or pre-ordered VHS packed lunch.
1:30 – 4:30 PM: Ski back to the base of La Rosiere or the Italian heli base, where you’ll end the day.
This Heliskiing package begins at the base of the Roches Noires chairlift, next to the ticket office, in the centre of La Rosiere where you will undergo a short warm-up ski over the Italian border to the Heliski base. You can see the VHS meeting point in La Rosiere on the map above.
Package available from the resorts of: Val d’Isere, Tignes, 3 Valleys, Paradiski, Ste Foy, La Rosiere or La Thuile.
It is up to you to get to the VHS meeting point. Transfer options to access the meeting point are below:
|Transfer Options to Access the Meeting Point From Resort||Price|
|Your own transport||no cost|
|VHS minibus transfer||€99 pp|
|Heli transfer from Tignes / Val d'Isere to Italian heliski base||Please contact us for a quote on Helicopter Transfer costs from your resort|
|Heli transfer back to Tignes / Val d'Isere to Italian heliski base||Please contact us for a quote on Helicopter Transfer costs from your resort|
|Heli transfer from Meribel / Courchevel to Italian heliski base||Please contact us for a quote on Helicopter Transfer costs from your resort|
|Transceiver; shovel and probe|
|One heli drop|
|Use of our radio communications for safety and instruction|
Not included: Food/drink, airport taxes, lift pass(es) (including Carte Neige backcountry rescue to hospital), adequate travel insurance
|ABS pack||€29 pp|
|Edited GoPro footage of your day||€39 pp|
|Use of our Salomon/Liberty VHS powder skis||€25 pp/day|
|Splitboard & Skins Rental (multi day discount available)||€66pp/day|
|Packed lunch||€29 pp|
|Heli out of remote location at end of day||€99 pp|
|Additional drop||€249 pp|
|60 minute warm-down sports massage||€72|
|VHS Hagloffs fleece||€105|
|VHS Hagloffs couloir 3 Jacket||€490|
According to best practice backcountry skiing / snowboarding we offer the use of sweeper on your backcountry day. A sweeper is employed to follow the group while the guide/instructor leads from the front. A sweeper is there to ensure the safety of everyone in the group thereby improving the group’s overall confidence and security. Price: €60 pp based on a private group of 4.
|Val Heliski Sweeper Service (Private heli trips only)||€240|
– Prices are based on a full helicopter of 4/5 seats.
– Payment is to be made in full to confirm the booking.
– We require you to leave all ski holiday days available to heli. We will contact you by SMS in resort to confirm your weather window.
– In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and unless we have already provided the services we have contracted with you to provide or your booking is made in resort, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time up to the end of the 7th working day after the booking is accepted by us. You may do this by writing to us at the above address and you will receive a full refund of any monies paid. If you want to cancel your booking otherwise than as set out above please inform us as soon as possible. You will forfeit your deposit but please note that places on a trip can be transferred to someone else subject to any such replacement agreeing to these Conditions.
– In the event a guide directs the group to a route with better conditions (subject to availability), additional costs may be incurred depending on helicopter pick-up location.
– We reserve the right to exchange any of our products of a similar price or less in the event of adverse weather or snow conditions.
– If an alternative product, of a similar price or less, cannot be offered due to adverse weather or snow conditions, then a refund on the helicopter element(s) of the package missed will be given at the rate of €249 per drop missed.
– If a helicopter cannot fly due to adverse weather we reserve the right to use the guide/instructor for the time they have been booked.
– Adequate travel insurance is required for all VHS packages and is the responsibility of the participant to purchase and provide proof to a VHS staff member on the day of their activity. We recommend purchasing a Carte Neige for the full duration of your lift pass and can advise further, on request.
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP, Partnership no’s OC358489 / OC358496
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP – numéro d’immatriculation: 801 050 659 R.C.S CHAMBERY / 800 898 074 R.C.S. CHAMBERY
Contact: +4401329339621, email@example.com
Head office: Shirral House, Church Road, Shedfield, Hampshire, SO32 2HY, UK