The ultimate boys’ weekend – heliskiing/boarding.
Two days of adrenaline-fuelled heliskiing in Italy combined with a day’s piste/off-piste and aprés in Val d’Isere or Courchevel.
DATES FOR PRIVATE GROUP BOOKINGS OF 4 or 5 PERSONS: Any mid week or weekend between 20 December and 18 April 2015
DATES FOR SHARED GROUPS BOOKING AS 1 to 3 PERSONS : 16th to 18th January for powder hounds and 13th to 15th March for spring snow.
(Private group bookings of 4/5 people can choose to be based in Courchevel at an extra cost and won’t need to compromise on ability level mix)
AVAILABLE FROM: Espace Killy/ Three Valleys
PRICE: €3,499 pp
COURSE OVERVIEW: This weekend is all about maximum time in the air, on the snow and apres. As soon as you’re off the plane in Geneva, our team will usher you to your private helicopter – then fly direct to the French / Italian border where your heliskiing / boarding adventure will begin, whilst your luggage is delivered to your hotel. Two days heliskiing; a third day off-piste with your instructor; 2 nights in a hotel in Val d’Isere or Courchevel; tables booked at La Folie Douce; beach bar l’Ouillette; le Cap Horn, rosé on the terrace of The Brussels and an impressive 27 minute door-to-door helicopter transfer from resort to Geneva airport, for a 6pm flight back to London, in time for Sunday dinner. Heliski descents could be in either Courmayeur, Valgrisenche or the Col Du Petit st Bernard depending on time of year; snow conditions and groups preferences. Christmas and New Year heliskiing locations are limited and may require a further ski and minibus to access the heli bases.GQ’s writer, Simon Mills, enjoying a two drop day with Val Heliski
SAMPLE COURSE ITINERARY:
Friday 6:45 – 9:20 AM: Catch an early suggested British Airways flight from London Heathrow (or an alternative flight of a similar time).
9:45 AM: You’ll be met by our team in Geneva airport where you’ll change into your ski gear and the rest of your luggage will be taken to your hotel in Val D’Isere (or Courchevel).
10:15 AM: A circa 27 minute flight time by private helicopter over the French / Italian boarder into the Heliski area known as Col du Petit St Bernard where we land. Meet your local Italian UIAGM Mountain guide; get briefed and kitted up with your safety equipment and partake in a ski / snowboard assessment.
10:30 AM: First descent – This is one of 3 of our heliskiing areas – Mainly long, wide open bowls and entry level gradient descents to warm up slowly but with the opportunity for steeper stuff, if the guide feels confident of the group’s ability. Descent length ranges up to around 2500 vertical meters, taking between 1-2 hours per descent. Refer to our “Where we operate” map in the Multiday packages page for further information on our possible descents.
12.30 PM: Straight onto a second drop ending further into the Italian backcountry with a helicopter out and back into France (your third country of the weekend).
2:30 PM: Helicopter back to the base of Val d’Isere’s famous La Folie Douce where your table at La Fruitiere restaurant will await you and the banging music of La Folie Douce is beckoning (extra drops can be booked on the day).
SATURDAY 9:00 AM: You’ll begin the day meeting your instructor and riding the Val d’Isere lifts to the summit, followed by a shallow gradient hike of between 20-45 mins. This descent is a technique challenger, rather than powder hunting, with a large variety of terrain, snow conditions and epic views of Tignes Dam. A long descent of around 1700 vertical meters including couloirs; bowls and trees finished with a helicopter pick-up landing at the top of Val d’Isere for lunch at beach bar restaurant l’Ouillette.
1.00 PM: After lunch you spend the afternoon exploring the off piste with your instructor including some off piste technique tips and pointers in preparation for tomorrow’s heliski.
4:30 PM: We suggest a glass of rosé at Hotel le Brussels or a beer at Cafe Face before returning back to your hotel.
SUNDAY 9:30 AM: Helicopter from Val d’Isere helipad to Valgrisenche or Courmayeur (dictated by best snow conditions). Your day includes two helidrops, of up to 2500 vertical meters per descent, with lunch on the mountain. Courmayeur and Valgrisenche are a step up in terms of terrain available, ability level required and the epic backcountry scenery; likened to a snow generic synthroid safari. Extra drops can be booked on the day.
4:00 PM: The helicopter will take you back to Geneva airport where you’ll be met by our team and your luggage.
6:00 PM: Take a British Airway’s flight back to London, in time for Sunday dinner (or an alternative flight of a similar time).
A VHS team member will meet you in Geneva airport, when you arrive and will take you to the start of this multi day package.
Helicopter transfers to and from the airport are included in the price.
|Transceiver; shovel and probe for 3 days|
|Transceiver training and training simulation of avalanche rescue|
|Helicopters both into the Heliski zone and out at the end of descents|
|One heli pick up|
|Helicopter airport transfers to and from Geneva or Chambery airport|
|Minibus transport throughout the course|
|UIAGM mountain guide for two days and a ski instructor for 1 day|
|Free use of our liberty / Salomon powder ski test centre (so you don't need to bring your own skis)|
|Use of our radio communications for safety and instruction|
Not Included: Lift Pass(es) (including Carte Neige backcountry rescue to hospital), accommodation, food/drinks, airline tickets, airport taxes, extra heliski drops you may wish to purchase, adequate travel insurance
|ABS pack||€29 pp|
|Edited GoPro footage of your day||€39 pp|
|Use of our Salomon/Liberty VHS powder skis||€25 pp/day|
|Packed lunch||€29 pp|
|Heli out of remote location at end of day||€99 pp|
|Additional drop||€249 pp|
|60 minute warm-down sports massage||€72|
|VHS Hagloffs fleece||€105|
|VHS Hagloffs couloir 3 Jacket||€490|
According to best practice backcountry skiing / snowboarding we offer the use of sweeper on your backcountry day. A sweeper is employed to follow the group while the guide/instructor leads from the front. A sweeper is there to ensure the safety of everyone in the group thereby improving the group’s overall confidence and security. Price: €60 pp based on a private group of 4.
|Val Heliski Sweeper Service (Private heli trips only)||€240 per day|
– Prices are based on a full helicopter of 4/5 seats.
– Payment is to be made in full to confirm the booking.
– In the event a guide directs the group to a route with better conditions (subject to availability), additional costs may be incurred depending on helicopter pick-up location.
– We reserve the right to exchange any of our products of a similar price or less in the event of adverse weather or snow conditions.
– In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and unless we have already provided the services we have contracted with you to provide or your booking is made in resort, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time up to the end of the 7th working day after the booking is accepted by us. You may do this by writing to us at the above address and you will receive a full refund of any monies paid. If you want to cancel your booking otherwise than as set out above please inform us as soon as possible. You will forfeit your deposit but please note that places on a trip can be transferred to someone else subject to any such replacement agreeing to these Conditions.
– We reserve the right to change the sample itinerary to fit around the weather including all prepaid helicopter drops being used in one day if the weather or snow conditions dictate.
– If an alternative product, of a similar price or less, cannot be offered due to adverse weather or snow conditions, then a refund on the helicopter element(s) of the package missed will be given at the rate of €249 per drop missed.
– Adequate travel insurance is required for all VHS packages and is the responsibility of the participant to purchase and provide proof to a VHS staff member on the day of their activity. We recommend purchasing a Carte Neige for the full duration of your lift pass and can advise further, on request.
– If a helicopter cannot fly due to adverse weather we reserve the right to use the guide/instructor for the time they have been booked.
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP, Partnership no’s OC358489 / OC358496
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP – numéro d’immatriculation: 801 050 659 R.C.S CHAMBERY / 800 898 074 R.C.S. CHAMBERY
Contact: +4401329339621, email@example.com
Head office: Shirral House, Church Road, Shedfield, Hampshire, SO32 2HY, UK