“James Stentiford is unquestionably the most skilled and experienced backcountry snowboarder the UK has ever produced. He’s given me powder in Chamonix no matter what the conditions, which should be all you need to know”
– Ed Leigh, Ski Sunday.
(See Him In Action here.)
PACKAGE DATES: To be announced soon.
PRICE: €880 pp
TO BE BOOKED AS: Groups of 6 persons
Splitboarding has become hugely popular in recent years due to exciting new product development, making boards lighter, stronger and easier to use. This has opened up a whole new world of adventure, for snowboarders, with the ability to access new untouched terrain that was previously hard to reach. This course is aimed at snowboarders who are looking to hone their splitboarding skills by riding a variety of terrain. James Stentiford, as your mentor, will share his vast backcountry knowledge, plus the technical and practical aspects of splitboarding, so that by the end of your adventure you will have developed your skills and experience to that of an accomplished and disciplined snowboarder.
DAY 1: Transceiver training and mountain awareness. Warm up day in Val d’Isere with intro to splitboarding
DAY2: Tignes ride and hike. Warm up run followed by 45 min – 1 hour hike to the Grapillon, riding into the Chardonnay bowl. Followed by a tour of the North-facing “Mickey’s ears” area, finishing the day with a heli pick-up from the dam.
DAY3: Ste Foy splitboard day. A short warm-up hike followed by a 1-1/2 hour hike up to the North face of the Fogliettaz.
DAY 4: Les Arcs or La Rosiere free ride day.
DAY 5: Off-piste day wherever the snow conditions are best and an optional night in our VHS mountain refuge.
DAY 6: Optional Heliski/board day with UIAGM mountain guide.
This package begins from the VHS meeting point in Tignes. A VHS staff member will give you an exact location during your time of booking.
|5 days with James Stentiford.|
|Transciever; shovel and probe.|
|Minibus transport throughout the course.|
Use of our radio communications for safety and instruction
(Not included: Acommodation (we recommend Dragon Lodge, Tignes), lift pass, ABS pack, flights, food)
|Splitboard & Skins Rental (multi day discount available)||€66pp/day|
|Night stay in VHS heli-refuge||€100 pp/night|
|Heli pick-up||€99 pp|
|Heliskiing – one drop||€299 pp|
|Heliskiing – two drops||€549 pp|
|ABS pack||€29 pp|
|Edited GoPro footage of your day||€39 pp|
|Packed lunch||€29 pp|
|60 minute warm-down sports massage||€72 pp|
|VHS Hagloffs fleece||€105|
|VHS Hagloffs couloir 3 Jacket||€490|
According to best practice backcountry skiing / snowboarding we offer the use of sweeper on your backcountry day. A sweeper is employed to follow the group while the guide/instructor leads from the front. A sweeper is there to ensure the safety of everyone in the group thereby improving the group’s overall confidence and security. Price: €60 pp based on a private group of 4.
|Val Heliski Sweeper Service (Private heli trips only)||€240|
– Prices are based on a full helicopter of 4-6 seats.
– Payment is to be made in full to confirm the booking.
– We require you to leave all ski holiday days available to heli. We will contact you by SMS in resort to confirm your weather window.
– In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and unless we have already provided the services we have contracted with you to provide or your booking is made in resort, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time up to the end of the 7th working day after the booking is accepted by us. You may do this by writing to us at the above address and you will receive a full refund of any monies paid. If you want to cancel your booking otherwise than as set out above please inform us as soon as possible. You will forfeit your deposit but please note that places on a trip can be transferred to someone else subject to any such replacement agreeing to these Conditions.
– In the event a guide directs the group to a route with better conditions (subject to availability), additional costs may be incurred depending on helicopter pick-up location.
– We reserve the right to exchange any of our products of a similar price or less in the event of adverse weather or snow conditions.
– If an alternative product, of a similar price or less, cannot be offered due to adverse weather or snow conditions, then a refund on the helicopter element(s) of the package missed will be given at the rate of €225 per drop missed.
– If a helicopter cannot fly due to adverse weather we reserve the right to use the guide/instructor for the time they have been booked.
– Adequate travel insurance is required for all VHS packages and is the responsibility of the participant to purchase and provide proof to a VHS staff member on the day of their activity. We recommend purchasing a Carte Neige for the full duration of your lift pass and can advise further, on request.
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP – numéro d’immatriculation: 801 050 659 R.C.S CHAMBERY / 800 898 074 R.C.S. CHAMBERY
Contact: +4401329339621, email@example.com
Head office: Shirral House, Church Road, Shedfield, Hampshire, SO32 2HY, UK