PACKAGE DATES: 5th December – 5th May
PRICE: €149pp group bookings of 1-4 persons.
Take a look at Whitelines Magazine’s article; Heliskiing on a budget with Val Heliski
AVAILABLE FROM: Tignes, Val d’Isere
COURSE OVERVIEW: A true backcountry adventure on skis or snowboard. After a 20-45 minute steady climb you will experience a huge variety of terrain otherwise inaccessible without a helicopter. All snow conditions likely – a real technique challenger. Ski or snowboard the classic North-facing Mickey’s Ears couloirs, across the Toviere pass, down through one of the couloirs into the Bois de La Laye and finally meandering through the forest to the Lac de Chevril (over 1/2 mile of vertical piste). The renowned route offers an off-the-beaten-track experience to off-piste enthusiasts and an opportunity to develop off-piste skills without having to bear the brunt of full heli-day prices. This package now includes: free use of our ABS packs (usually €29), free copy of edited GoPro footage of your day (usually€39), and free use of our Salomon / Liberty ski test center (usually €25).Skiing the top section of Mickey’s Ears down a couloir into an open bowl before descending into trees
9:15 AM: Meet with your instructor at the top of the Toviere lift which departs right from the centre of Tignes Le Lac, taking you up to 2704m.
10:15 AM: You will then go for a warm up ski/snowboard down around the Toviere summit off-piste runs, the guide will assessing your off-piste ski ability to ensure a safe descent and warm the legs up for the main descent.
11:15 AM: A short (20-40 minute) hike will lead you to the top of the Mickey’s Ears run, from which you will enjoy a variety of couloirs that cater for a wide range of ability levels from advanced to expert skiers, including a range of steeps. narrow and open expanses during your descent. An exhilarating tree run will then be tackled giving a brilliant descent down to Lac de Chevril.
12:30 PM: Participants finish the run at Lac de Chevril, from which they will be picked up by helicopter and taken back to resort.
For this Reverse Heliskiing package we meet at the top of the Toviere lift between Tignes and Val d’Isere (see map above). It is up to you to get to that area, naturally you will have to use a lift-pass to do so. If you are staying in the Espace Killy and have a lift pass for that area there should be no issue, if you don’t have a lift pass for that area a VHS team member can purchase one for you, on your request.
Package available from the resorts of: Tignes, Val d’Isere.
Below are the transfer options to access the bottom of the Toviere lift.
|Transfer Options to Access the Meeting Point||Price|
|Your own transport||no cost|
|VHS minibus transfer||€99 pp|
|Transceiver; shovel and probe|
|Half-day with instructor|
|A heli pick-up|
|Edited GoPro footage of your day|
|Use of our Salomon/Liberty VHS powder skis|
|Use of our radio communications for safety and instruction|
|Packed lunch||€29 pp|
|60 minute warm-down sports massage||€72|
|VHS Hagloffs fleece||€105|
|VHS Hagloffs couloir 3 Jacket||€490|
According to best order propecia online practice backcountry skiing / snowboarding we offer the use of sweeper on your backcountry day. A sweeper is employed to follow the group while the guide/instructor leads from the front. A sweeper is there to ensure the safety of everyone in the group thereby improving the group’s overall confidence and security. Price: €60 pp based on a private group of 4.
|Val Heliski Sweeper Service (Private heli trips only)||€240|
– Prices are based on a full helicopter of 4 seats.
– Payment is to be made in full to confirm the booking.
– We require you to leave all ski holiday days available to heli. We will contact you by SMS in resort to confirm your weather window.
– In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and unless we have already provided the services we have contracted with you to provide or your booking is made in resort, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time up to the end of the 7th working day after the booking is accepted by us. You may do this by writing to us at the above address and you will receive a full refund of any monies paid. If you want to cancel your booking otherwise than as set out above please inform us as soon as possible. You will forfeit your deposit but please note that places on a trip can be transferred to someone else subject to any such replacement agreeing to these Conditions.
– In the event a guide directs the group to a route with better conditions (subject to availability), additional costs may be incurred depending on helicopter pick-up location.
– We reserve the right to exchange any of our products of a similar price or less in the event of adverse weather or snow conditions.
– If an alternative product, of a similar price or less, cannot be offered due to adverse weather or snow conditions, then a refund on the helicopter element(s) of the package missed will be given at the rate of €30 per drop missed.
– If a helicopter cannot fly due to adverse weather we reserve the right to use the guide/instructor for the time they have been booked.
– Adequate travel insurance is required for all VHS packages and is the responsibility of the participant to purchase and provide proof to a VHS staff member on the day of their activity. We recommend purchasing a Carte Neige for the full duration of your lift pass and can advise further, on request.
– Any incomplete groups either (1) pay for the empty seats (2) find a complete group before you arrive in resort (3) come to our drinks night in your local resort every Monday 4.30pm to 7.30pm.
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP, Partnership no’s OC358489 / OC358496
Val/Tignes Heli Ski LLP – numéro d’immatriculation: 801 050 659 R.C.S CHAMBERY / 800 898 074 R.C.S. CHAMBERY
Contact: +4401329339621, firstname.lastname@example.org
Head office: Shirral House, Church Road, Shedfield, Hampshire, SO32 2HY, UK